Thank you for your interest in employment with Bay County Board of County Commissioners. The following information has been prepared with you in mind. We hope you find it useful and informative. Please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department if you have any questions regarding employment that have not been answered here.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Attaching a resume in place of relevant education and experience (required to be completed on the application) will be considered incomplete and may be rejected.
How to Apply
Applications are available on our website. Applications may be submitted online or on the HR kiosk located in the lobby of Human Resources and is available for use during normal business hours Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Resumes by themselves do not satisfy this requirement, yet may be attached to the on-line application.
- Applications are accepted for current posted vacancies only. Unsolicited applications/resumes will be electronically denied or returned to applicant.
- If you are interested in employment in a job classification that is not currently posted, you may complete a job interest card on line. This job interest card will either be emailed or mailed to you the next time the job classification is open for recruitment. When you receive the notice, you must complete an on-line employment application at the HR website to be considered for employment.
- Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law applications/resumes are subject to public inspection.
- All applications are screened for qualifications. Applications for candidates who best meet the job requirements are forwarded to appropriate supervisor(s) for review.
- The county reserves the right to limit the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
- Any misrepresentation, false or incomplete information or omission of facts requested is cause for rejection of the application.
- Interviews for qualified applicants are scheduled by the supervisor.
- Applicants not chosen as a finalist will be notified by email or in writing by the Office of Human Resources. These applications will remain on file electronically from date of original submission and will require applicant to access periodically to update and keep active.
- Upon administrative approval, applicants chosen for employment will be given a Conditional Employment Offer subject to drug testing and completion of a Medical History Questionnaire. Depending on position, other testing may also be required.
- When all testing is cleared, applicant is contacted with a Firm Job Offer and an employment date is set.