- I am in a flood zone. The cost to repair my house will be more than 50% of the value of the structure. What am I required to do?
- Where can I view the code books?
- What are the requirements for repairing roof due to hurricane damage?
- When is a building permit needed?
- Where and how do I apply for a building permit?
- What are the barrier requirements for a residential swimming pool?
- When is a fire safety review or fire inspection required?
- How long will it take to get a permit?
|Permit||What Triggers A Certain Permit|
|Building (B)||Any construction, remodeling, renovation, addition, moving or demolition of a building or structure. Dock and Seawall - any new construction and any structural change or repair.|
|Electrical (E)||Any installation, addition or major repair.|
|Fire (FS)||Required for certificate of occupancy (new construction) and as required or requested for day cares, restaurants, etc. Alarm - any new installation, and panel changes, and any additions to existing systems.|
|Gas (G)||Any installation, addition or major repair.|
|Alternate Energy Systems(AES, AEE, AEP, AEM)||Any installation or repair of solar, wind or other alternate energy system and supporting structures, wiring or piping.|
|Land Clearing (L)||Ensure that proper erosion control measures are taken when land is cleared so as to avoid sediment runoff onto adjacent properties and to reduce sedimentation of drainage systems and water bodies; avoid the destruction of protected trees; and ensure that required buffers are maintained.|
|Mechanical (M)||Any installation, addition or major repair.|
|Mobile Home Set-Up (MH)||Any new set-up and any change-out.|
|Plumbing (P)||Any installation, addition or major repair.|
|Pollutant Storage System (PS)||Any removal or installation of a pollutant storage tank, to include foundation for above ground tank.|
|Roofing (R)||Any replacement or repair of more than 100 square feet for a residential project. Any commercial installation or major repair.|
|Sign (S)||Any new construction and any structural change or repair.|
|Swimming Pool (SP)||Any new construction and any structural change or repair.|
|Vinyl Siding (VS)||Any installation of vinyl siding (requires the contractor to hold a Specialty License).|
|Change of Occupancy/Use (OC)||Any change of use of a structure.|